Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza has done it again. After their well-received 20th anniversary promotions ($23.54 nett per pax for buffet at the Marriott Cafe, how to forget!), they are back this year with their Love for Durians High Tea Buffet. From now till 31 July 2016 only, so don’t miss it if you are a fan of the king of fruit!
– Gail & Jem
Food options in the cafe include:
G: You may add-on sides such as prawn and squid in spicy sambal, chicken satay and beef rendang, among others.
Oyster OmeletteChicken WingsChar Kway TeowHokkien MeeSpread is excellent, and the quality of food is still as good as the ones we tried last year. You can read more here.
Moving on to the real deal!
The season for these highly anticipated delights is still going on and that means, if you haven’t experienced the gastronomic bliss of the creamy fleshy durian, you still have some time left. Durian aficionados can look forward to an extensive durian dessert selection in addition to our popular High Tea buffet.
The plethora of durian goodies treats in differing textures, styles and taste:– Fried Durian Balls in innocuously dainty pops, each deep-fried to perfection – offering a delicious crunch on the outside and oozing luscious D24 durian flesh inside. These bite sized morsels may be small in size but big on flavour.
– Durian Swiss Roll, a harmonious blend of smooth durian cream, freshly made from the best D24 durians, and light, moist sponge cake.
– Mini Durian Mousse in Cups, basically a mouthful of pulpy durian mousse
– Durian Puff, a fluffy choux pastry piped with delicious velvety durian cream
* More durian delights include Durian Mochi, Durian Strudel, Durian Trifles, and more.
G: Our verdict? Durian overdose! I particularly enjoyed the fried durian balls and swiss roll, for contrast. The rest were a little heavy for me.
You can also enjoy other desserts if you’re not a fan of durian:
G: I am personally not a fan of durian, so it is unfair for me to cast judgement, but I enjoyed the food and other dessert options at the buffet.
Prices are as follows:
- Adult: $42++ per person (Monday to Friday) $45++ per person (Saturday & Sunday)
- Child: $25++ per child (Monday to Friday) $28++ (Saturday & Sunday)
Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel
320 Orchard Road, Singapore 238865
Tel: 6735 5800
* This is an invited media tasting by Marriott Cafe.