Matcha Baked Donuts Recipe – Toy Story Aliens
Equipment: Donut baking pan
Servings: 12 mini-donuts/6 regular donuts
Time: Active time 15min + Baking time 15min + Decorating time
[For Matcha Donuts]<
100g of Hotcake mix
1/2 an Egg
50ml of Fresh milk
7g of Unsalted butter (melted)
15g of Caster sugar
8g of Maple syrup
15g of Matcha powder (green tea powder)
A pinch of salt
[For Matcha Donut Glaze]
90g of Icing sugar
5g of Matcha powder
15g of Hot water
2 to 3 sticks of Pocky
20g of White chocolate
20g of Dark Chocolate
[For Matcha Donuts]
1. In a large bowl, beat half an egg and add the fresh milk, sugar, maple syrup, and salt.
2. Sift in the hotcake mix and matcha powder, fold them in with a spatula.
3. Add the melted butter, and mix well.
4. Transfer to a piping bag and pipe it into a buttered donut mould tray.
5. Bake it in a preheated oven at 180C for 15min. Let it cool.
1. In a shallow bowl, combine the icing sugar, matcha powder, and hot water. Mix well to get a thick consistency. If it’s too thin, add more powdered sugar.
2. Scrape off the chocolate from the pocky sticks, and break them into smaller pieces to form the alien’s antenna. Insert this to the inner part of each donut.
3. Dip the donut in the glaze and let it dry.
Note: You can also insert the pocky stick after you’ve dipped the donut in glaze. Just dip the pocky stick and insert into the glazed donut.
1. Melt the white chocolate and dark chocolate separately over a water bath.
2. Transfer them into two different piping bags.
3. Using the white chocolate, draw three ovals for the eyes and let it dry slightly.
4. With the dark chocolate, draw on three pupils and a mouth.
And for the visual aliens, watch my step-by-step video on how to bake these donuts.
I understand how costly baking equipments can get, even small items like baking pans can accumulate to a huge expense. Thus, for the bakers out there, you can now stand a chance to win this silicon donut baking mat! If you do win, please try out this recipe and share them with us!
Dimensions: 0.5 inches x 11.6 inches x 6.7 inches